Choosing a commercial cleaning company is an important task, but it can be hard to know how to pick one from the hundreds of different commercial cleaners out there. To help you make the right decision, we’ve put together a few warning signs that you should run in the opposite direction from any prospective commercial cleaner.
- Communication is poor. Communication is an essential skill for any commercial cleaner and if there is a problem with communication, it can lead to a great deal of frustration and stress. If the person you are considering for your commercial cleaning contract takes a long time to respond to your emails or doesn’t return your calls, it’s definitely time to look elsewhere.
- They’re careless about security. Cleaners are in a position of trust and because they often work at night when there is nobody else in the building, it’s important that they respect your security practices and lock up after they leave. If your cleaners don’t follow your security practices your business could be left vulnerable.
- They don’t have the right tools for the job. To get a really professional cleaning result you need to have the right equipment. This means making an investment in good quality tools. If your commercial cleaning company has old or out of date cleaning equipment you’re not going to get a good result and they won’t be as efficient as they should be.
- They’re inconsistent. Nobody is perfect, but if your cleaning company is not getting great results at least the vast majority of the time, it’s time to have a rethink. You need to be able to rely on your cleaning company – if standards of cleanliness start slipping, this can reflect badly on your organisation.
- They can’t keep their staff. Employee turnover can be a big problem in the commercial cleaning industry but it can cause headaches for you. Training issues, hiring shortcuts and other effects of a revolving door of staff can mean standards are compromised and in the end, the person suffering will be you.
If you’re not happy with the quality of service you’re getting from your cleaning company, don’t be afraid to look around elsewhere. The right cleaning service provider will benefit your organisation and help keep your property looking at its best.