First impressions are everything when it comes to building and growing your business and this means paying attention to your office reception areas. If customers and clients come into a dirty, poorly maintained or unattractive reception they are likely to judge the rest of your business accordingly.
If you’re going to enjoy the benefits of a thriving business and give people the right impression when they first visit you, there are a few things you’ll need to think about. As well as making sure you have a professionally cleaned reception area, try these tips to increase your office’s visual appeal.
- Signage. Make it as easy as possible for visitors to find you with clear signage to direct them to your reception from outside. There’s nothing more frustrating than walking around trying to find a building, or not knowing if you’re in the right place or not. Clear signage from parking areas and around the building can help make it easier for people to find you.
- Remove clutter from the reception area. A cluttered reception area looks messy and can be a safety hazard if people are tripping over boxes or too much furniture. Make sure your reception area looks clean and minimalist if you want to be sure of making a great impression.
- Place visible branding around your reception. Your reception area is a great place to reinforce your organisation’s branding. Visible branding around the area not only reassures your visitors they are in the right place, it creates an overall feeling of professionalism and credibility.
- Make people comfortable. It’s a good idea to give your visitors a place to sit and access to a water cooler. Magazines or papers are also a nice touch for visitors who are waiting to see someone. By showing that you care about the comfort of your visitors you’ll make a favourable impression on them.
- Keep things clean. Cleanliness is essential if you want to make a good first impression on your visitors. For a truly professional result you’ll want to hire a professional cleaning service.
By taking steps to create an outstanding, appealing reception area you can create a positive first impression that will benefit your business over the long term.