Professional office cleaning is essential if you’re going to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and safety, but the costs can add up. When you’re trying to keep costs to a minimum it can be tempting to cut down on your cleaning services, but reducing your level of cleaning services can be a false economy. There are other ways to reduce your commercial cleaning costs without having to compromise on your level of professional cleaning services.
With a new financial year upon us we thought we’d share a few tips to help you keep your office cleaning costs down:
- Reduce waste. The more waste your organisation generates, the more you’ll probably have to spend on cleaning costs. It takes time to empty bins and get rid of other rubbish. Encourage your employees to be waste wise and you could save on your cleaning costs as well as helping the environment.
- Declutter. It takes more time to clean around clutter than uncluttered areas and the results are never as good. Encourage your employees to clear off their desks and tidy away any clutter at the end of the day so your cleaners can get a good run at their duties.
- Place mats at entranceways. Using mats at every entrance to your building will help prevent dirt becoming tracked in and mean less time vacuuming and mopping for your cleaners. Mats are also essential as a way to protect your carpets and reduce long-term wear and tear on your flooring.
- Hire cleaners with the right equipment. Using the right tools can make a huge difference to the time taken and the quality of the end result. Make sure your cleaners have all the right tools they need to get a great result in the shortest possible time. Without the right equipment and technology, your cleaners could be taking longer than they need to and you’ll be paying more.
- Reduce the number of bins in your office. Emptying bins is a time consuming task and along with encouraging your employees to reduce their overall waste, by placing fewer bins around the office you can save time and money on your cleaning.
Saving on your cleaning costs shouldn’t mean compromising on your standards. With these tips you can keep your cleaning costs as low as possible without having to compromise on the end result.