Commercial cleaning costs can eat into your budget, but there are a few things you can do to rein things in if you’re looking to cut costs. Here are our top five tips to help you save money on your commercial cleaning.
- Place mats at every entrance and exit. By encouraging people to wipe their feet when they come in to your building you can reduce wear and tear while also keeping cleaning costs down on your carpets and flooring.
- If possible, move to daytime cleaning. While most offices use cleaners at night when everyone else has gone, getting your cleaning company to come in the day can save you a substantial amount of money. You’ll reduce your power bills and also attract better quality cleaning staff, which means the job will get done faster with better results.
- Reduce the overall waste produced by your company. The more waste you have the longer it’s going to take to clean up and this means your cleaning costs will be higher. If you can take steps to reduce paper waste and other mess in your organisation, you may be able to reduce your cleaning costs.
- Centralise your garbage bins. This is a simple strategy that can make a surprisingly big difference to your cleaning costs. Instead of having a bin under every employee’s desk, place a couple of large bins in more central locations. Emptying individual bins is far more time consuming than one or two bigger bins and you’ll also save on garbage bags.
- Encourage your employees to keep tidy. Picking up after your staff will mean it takes longer before your cleaning contractors can get to their real work, and this means higher costs for you. By keeping the surfaces clean and clear, your cleaners can get straight to work and get the job done faster.
Don’t let your commercial cleaning costs get out of hand. Try these five suggestions to keep costs to a minimum and save your business money.